The Media Guru

May 19, 2009



Linkin Park - New Divide Linkin Park yesterday premiered on LinkinPark.com their new single & theme song for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - New Divide. You can listen to the track on linkinpark.com

LP The track was leaked a few minutes before release & in no time hit the warez scene.
When I first listened to it, I was quite disappointed. A few plays later, I liked & if I listen to it a few more times, I'll totally love it (just like I did with Minutes to Midnight). :)

I remembered black skies / the lightning all around me
I remembered each flash / as time began to blur
Like a startling sign / that fate had finally found me
And your voice was all I heard
That I get what I deserve

So give me reason / to prove me wrong / to wash this memory clean
Let the floods cross the distance in your eyes
Give me reason / to fill this hole / connect the space between
Let it be enough to reach the truth that lies
Across this new divide

There was nothing in sight / but memories left abandoned
There was nowhere to hide / the ashes fell like snow
And the ground caved in / between where we were standing
And your voice was all I heard
That I get what I deserve

So give me reason / to prove me wrong / to wash this memory clean
Let the floods cross the distance in your eyes
Across this new divide

In every loss / in every lie
In every truth that you'd deny
And each regret / and each goodbye
was a mistake to great to hide
And your voice was all I heard
That I get what I deserve

So give me reason / to prove me wrong / to wash this memory clean
Let the floods cross the distance in your eyes
Give me reason / to fill this hole / connect the space between
Let it be enough to reach the truth that lies
Across this new divide

Rob's drum, heavy guitar riffs from Brad - it's far from the likes of Meteora & Minutes to Midnight. But add Chester's powerful vocals & it's back to good old Linkin Park. :D 

New Divide It's certain that New Divide will not be as great as What I've Done, which was meant to bridge the old & new Linkin Park styles. However we tend to forget that this is not just any single, but a movie's theme song (& not any movie!).
As a movie soundtrack, I've no doubt New Divide & its variations will be truly awesome! ;)

Take a look at these Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen TV spots. New Divide fits in perfectly.

Transformers Revenge of the Fallen "Forms" from Bay Films/Michael Bay Dot Com on Vimeo.

Transformers Revenge of the Fallen "Greatest Enemy" from Bay Films/Michael Bay Dot Com on Vimeo.

Transformers Revenge of the Fallen "It's On.." from Bay Films/Michael Bay Dot Com on Vimeo.

Lyrics from Mikeshinoda.com
BigBadBrad blogged about it - More than Meets the Eye

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Comments 6 comments
Do you have any suggestions? Ideas? Add your comment.
Please don't spam & don't swear!
Subscribe to my feed
Sun said...

I think its a very good single! And the "feel" of it will perfectly maths the Trasformers-techky-style. And as you said.. there are gna be variations and i believe this is just a great start for on of the bggest movies ever!

Rock ON!!

ok.. change

New Divide!!

Saajid said...

I really love this one! :D
IMO, it's more like a Dead by Sunrise record than a LP one. Everything is focused on Chester except the Intro & Outro. Not surprising, since the DBS record is coming later this year. :)

LP Fan said...

Awesome Music.

I found the instrumental New Divide music which is part of the OST.

http://rapidshare.com/files/234703736/Transfomers_2_Soundtrack_LP_Shinoda.rar

Can't wait for Transformers 2 to be out!!

carrotmadman6 said...

@LP Fan
No, that's just a remix of the music (with the Scorponok theme). :)

Rite$h said...

Nice theme song for the movie, and LP have always given us fans good tracks to listen to
Just waiting for movie to release :)

Sean said...

Great post tthank you

Post a Comment

Some html tags like <b>, <i>, <a> are allowed & emos can be used. ;)
Copy your comment before posting in case something fails.
Comments are moderated, may take a while to appear.

The Photoblog carrotmadman6.blogspot.com

Posts on Photoblog

Posts rss feed
Featured Posts

Recent Posts

Categories

Blog Archive