The Media Guru

Dec 5, 2008



iPhone_3G_Mauritius_Order

http://www.orange.mu/mobile/iphone3g.php

The "réserver" button doesn't work! So is this for real? Looks like really it is – Orange may have decided to give us a really good Christmas gift. However don’t expect any concessions for the price – it should be around Rs 18-22k. The arrival of the iPhone 3G also suggests that iTunes Store Mauritius is now ready to be open (thanks to Akamai).

Btw Google Reader just got a new look – faster & more minimalist. Read the Google Blog for more. Now, I’m just waiting for the Better GReader add-on to get updated. :)


iPhone_3G_Mauritius_Order


& it's gone!!!! :(

Edit: 18.12.2008 & it's back now.
Go to http://www.orange.mu/mobile/iphone3g.php
On the eve of the launch of the iPhone, you can order your iPhone to be paid via direct debit.
Latest rumours suggest that the iPhone will be sold at Rs 13k with a 2-year contract + a monthly fee of Rs 1250 for 250MB Internet access, 10h communication & 200 SMS = Rs 43,000.
Apple Tax PWNS.

Update 19.12.2008: iPhone 3G at last in Mauritius - & it sucks!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Comments 11 comments
Do you have any suggestions? Ideas? Add your comment.
Please don't spam & don't swear!
Subscribe to my feed
Anonymous said...

Man Rs 18k-22k? That's a lot of money! Here you get them for 350€ or something like that, still too expensive for me. Do you get an unlimited access to the Internet and unlimited phone calls as well?

carrotmadman6 said...

@sachin
If it's being sold at such a high price, then most probably there won't be any contract. :)

Yashvin said...

Still wanting my N85 or N95 8GB or N96 :P

carrotmadman6 said...

@Yashvin
Decide fast... Santa Claus won't be waiting for you. :)

Anonymous said...

And Carrot, I won't be waiting for you too..I need my gifts..I left my wishlist with you..LoL

Anonymous said...

Indeed, I've tried the form provided and the bloody button doesn't even work!!! What kind of service is that?! What the hell are these guys doing at Telecom Plus???!!! Don't they test their system before publishing???!!!

carrotmadman6 said...

@Anonymous
& now the Orange guys are claiming there is no such thing as reservation - the page was put up by mistake? WTF?

Anonymous said...

Well, they should have offered such a contract. Its the least they could do, otherwise you'll spend a fortune in calls and internet connection.

This morning, I was coming back home around 4.30 am and was to be stuck in Lyon and the friends with me had each an Iphone and a Blackberry. I asked if they could check my train schedules while we were still in the car and the Iphone was quite handy as it had its Internet connection included in the contract. I got my schedules, my train and even a coffee because I didn't have to go to the train station at 5 am but only before my train left.

@Anon & Madman : WTF with this page? Mauritian unprofessional service again?

carrotmadman6 said...

@sachin
Yeah, that's the biggest asset of the iPhone - maybe that's why it's being delayed. :)

Anonymous said...

Its better to have a jailbroken one ;)

and concerning orange, have you ever noticed that the "faq" page does not work? "P

carrotmadman6 said...

@sailesh
Yeah, the FAQ hasn't been working since a few months now... :P

Post a Comment

Some html tags like <b>, <i>, <a> are allowed & emos can be used. ;)
Copy your comment before posting in case something fails.
Comments are moderated, may take a while to appear.

The Photoblog carrotmadman6.blogspot.com

Posts on Photoblog

Posts rss feed
Featured Posts

Recent Posts

Categories

Blog Archive